Giveaways are a great way to increase brand awareness and strengthen your relationship with your fans. These tips will make you realize how easy it is to run a giveaway:
1. Identify what you're giving away: What you choose to give away depends on the business you run and/or do marketing for. If you run a nail spa, you can give away a free pedicure. Do you do social media marketing for an enterprise-level software company? Offer 3 months free to a prospective client as a giveaway prize.
2. Identify what platform you'll use: How will you let your target audience know you're running a giveaway? You have a variety of options from Facebook to Instagram. You could even run a giveaway to your newsletter subscribers.
3. Pick a start and end date: It's up to you if you want to run your giveaway for one business day or three business days. Depending on what you're giving away and what platform you're running the giveaway on, you could even run your giveaway for 5 hours.
4. Pick a winner: The first step to choosing a winner is waiting until your giveaway is over. There two basic ways to pick a winner. One way is using a random number generator to decide on a winner based on the numerical order of who entered the giveaway. Another way to pick a winner is by selecting someone with the potential to become a brand ambassador. You can do this by picking someone with a high number of followers and engagement compared to the rest of the giveaway entries.
5. Deliver the prize: How will you ensure your winner receives his/her prize? If you're giving away a product, find out the winner's mailing address and ship out the prize. If you're giving away a service, have your winner show up to your business location and claim the prize in-person. Always deliver on your promise.
When will you run your giveaway? Do you have any giveaway success stories? Share with us in the comments below!